So it's my (Emily) turn to write a little bit about my readers and update everyone on our activities this week and weekend.
My first reader every morning is Dietlind who may just be my favorite reader. She comes nearly every day and always has a smile and usually a bundle of flowers for Abby and me. Also, at least once a week she brings me chocolates--so by far favorite reader. haha. Her English is pretty limited and so most of our reading sessions our a mix of German and English as we attempt to talk more about ourselves and the story. Usually we read through the lesson in English and then we will read it again in German (she translates all of the lessons into German the night before). Then we will talk about the words or I will ask her a question or two. We talk a lot about her sons (who she is very proud of) and her garden (where she goes every day). She told me one day that she had a dream that I came and lived with her for half a year and we talked a lot of English. Today she asked me questions like "Do you have a boyfriend, what are your plans after college, how old are you etc" (remember, this is all in german and english. pretty funny) But I really do like her.
Another reader is Fabienne, she has one small daughter and she comes two times a week. She is a primary school teacher who has never really heard about the Bible story. So our reading sessions are often her asking me a lot of questions--during our first reading session she asked me the entire story of Jesus. Its very exciting for me that she is so curious about the story!
Another reader I have is Caroline who is studying to be a primary school teacher and has two small children. She is very smart and is breezing through our reading sessions--I don't know how I keep up with her!
I also read with Gina, but she will be out of town for two weeks so I have only had the chance to read with her once. But she has done LST before and was very helpful at our party last week. I really wish I could read with her more but hopefully she will continue to read with the Gemeinde after we are gone.
I have a few more readers but I have only met with them once or I have not really gotten to know them yet, but those four are my four main readers. i enjoy each of them a lot and each have taught me little lessons without knowing it.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment