Hey guys, Emily here.
Sorry Abby and I have been missing for a while but we had a very busy and short week last week followed by an epic weekend traveling. So I'm going to fill you in a little bit on what mischievous things we've been doing here in Germany.
First of all we had a scavenger hunt party on Wednesday the 3rd. It was pretty fun. We played "Human Knot" to start off--which I am sad to say, we did NOT solve all the way. Then we had a rely race to see who could pop balloons faster. Sometimes I joke with Abby we should just keep planning more and more ridiculous things and see when people actually question our games. haha. But the game was really fun and we had Germans of all ages running around sitting on balloons till they popped. Then we had our group take off and take pictures doing silly things in the area. We had our groups dance, find things they don't understand, fit into little places, spell words with their bodies, find new friends, and take a group hug. It was a great way for people to get to know each other and we were left with a bunch of fun new pictures! I made Snickerdoodles for the party and just like my chocolate chip cookies...they were a huge hit! Its very flattering to have people asking for recipes...it makes me want to bake more and more.
On Thursday Abby and I headed to Berlin for the weekend. It was a really great weekend and our usual sillyness followed us there. We took funny pictures with naked statues and were generally received with disapproving looks from museum security people. But technically we weren't doing anything wrong--so they let us continue. For our complete adventures ask one of us or check out our photos on facebook. A picture holds a thousand words and our pictures are chalked full of stories.
We got back home late Saturday night and spent some time talk with Kai and Annette (our home parents). And on sunday we surprised the Gemeinde with Dunkin Donuts! They are all over Berlin so we thought it would be a nice surprise for our new family. We joked with Bri that she must have told people we were bringing donuts because almost the entire Gemeinde was there! Abby and I have never seen it so packed! It was nice getting to worship with all of our new family.
Sunday also was UNESCO World Heritage Day for Dresden so we went with Kai, Annette, Anne Marie, and Jorg (a member of the church) to the Alt Stadt to see the festivities. It was the five year anniversary of when Dresden was declared a world treasure. And the city really is a treasure. The weather on sunday was so nice and sunny and we spent 4 hours walking around the city without realizing it! Abby and I took some pretty great pictures and all in all everyone had a great day. It was good being back in Dresden.
But now its Monday and Abby and I are swept up in the business of planning this week's party, reading with readers, and catching up on paper work. Can you believe we've been here for three weeks already? And that we only have three more weeks left? Keep praying for us and check out all of our photos both on the blog (whenever I figure out how to do it...Abby is the genius on that one) and on facebook!
With Love
Emily and Abby
"Geteiltes Leid ist halbes Leid"
(German saying meaning, a shared pain is a half pain)
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment