Today there are two posts. This one is more important.
We’ve had a wonderful time with are readers in this first week of reading. At first there weren’t as many readers, but as the week went on we had more and more readers sign up. Here is a basic synopsis of all the interesting new people we’ve met.
MTW 10:00 AM
Jing and her husband Vincent are Chinese. Vincent came to the first reading session, but now I’m reading with just Jing. Vincent is studying his doctorate and has a visa to be in Dresden. They eloped four years ago, but just celebrated their wedding last month in China. Jing is very beautiful. She and Vincent are very sweet.
SuMW 3:00 or 4:00 PM
Aliya is studying in Germany from Kyrgyzstan. She is very sweet and always gives me a hug. She is studying British Culture and English. When she is done studying she wants to go back to her country to look for a job. Many of my readers have expressed how difficult it was to find a job, in Germany and in other countries. Today we read about how Jesus stayed behind at the Temple when he was twelve during the Passover festival. Aliya said that Jesus was very wise and very smart.
W 1:00
I’ve only met with Susan once, but I expect that she will sign up to read for more days. She is by far the reader with the highest level of English. I enjoy talking to her because she has a slight Irish lilt! She studied in Ireland for a Year and goes back every summer to work at a Bed and Breakfast. She goes to school with Janine (our friend from the church in Chemnitz who played saxophone in the concert we went to see) and wants to be a teacher in Ireland. She said if I ever go to Ireland I should stay at the Bed and Breakfast and say “Hey, I know Suz.”
I have a couple more readers that I’ll write about later and Emily has five readers as well that she’ll talk about as well. For now, pray for our readers, for us, for our reading sessions, and that more people will sign up!
Love, Abby and Emily
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go Abby!
ReplyDelete